Special education evaluations are offered throughout the school year. If at any time you are concerned that your child may have a developmental delay, please call Maureen Smith at 978-626-0909.
2024-25 INTEGRATED PRESCHOOL PEER ENROLLMENT
In order to be considered as a peer, children must meet the following criteria:
- The child must currently reside in Hamilton, MA or Wenham, MA
- The child is 3 or 4 years of age, and NOT eligible for Kindergarten in September
- The child has age-appropriate skills in the following areas: speech and language; fine and gross motor; social skills; behavior regulation; and cognition
INTEGRATED PRESCHOOL PEER ENROLLMENT PROCESS
- ATTEND OUR OPEN HOUSE: If you are new to the program, please register to attend the Open House on Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 1:45pm-3:15pm at the Winthrop School to meet the teachers, learn more about the program, and take a tour of our classrooms.
- COMPLETE PRESCHOOL APPLICATION: Please complete and submit a preschool application. If you would prefer a paper copy, it can be picked up and returned to the Winthrop School Front Office (325 Bay Road, Hamilton). Applications are due December 8, 2023. ***If you contact us after the application due date OR we receive your application after the application due date, you will be placed on a waiting list. If openings become available, we will contact families on the waiting list to make an appointment for a preschool screening. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list.***
- ATTEND PRESCHOOL SCREENINGS: Wednesday, January 10, 2024 - OR - Wednesday, January 24, 2024. (We will contact you with your screening time slot by Friday, December 16, 2022). During the 20-30 minute screening, your child will visit the preschool classroom and participate in a small group activity with Mrs. Dagley and Ms. Moore. HWRSD COVID-19 Protocols will be followed during screenings.
- RECEIVE PEER SELECTION AND OFFER LETTERS: Peer selection will be conducted and offer letters will be mailed during the first week of February. Your offer letter will include tuition information. If applications exceed enrollment capacity, your child may be placed on a waiting list. We will contact families on the waiting list as openings become available.
- SUBMIT DEPOSIT TO SECURE ENROLLMENT: If an offer is made to your child, a deposit of $500 to secure your child's enrollment is due to the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District at a date to be announced.
- REGISTER YOUR CHILD WITH HWRSD: You must officially register your child with the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District online or at Central Office, 5 School St, Wenham, MA. Your child will not be allowed to attend school until the registration packet is complete.
- RECEIVE CLASSROOM PLACEMENT AND ORIENTATION LETTERS: Families will be notified of classroom placements and orientation dates by mail in mid-June.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!