- Helps students resolve problems which interfere with learning
- Facilitates educational and career planning
- Increases knowledge of self and others
- Supports students with specific needs
- Offers crisis intervention and prevention
- Provides individual/small group support for student or family concerns
- Attends meetings with parents and teachers as requested
- Communicates with collateral contacts (therapists, doctors, ER) as necessary
- Point person for “at-risk” behavior (suicidal ideation, self injury, 51As)
- Monitors student progress
- Provides referrals to community agencies to assist students facing personal or family concerns outside the scope of the school counseling program
***Ms. Hortie, the adjustment counselor, attends all Special Education Team Meetings as requested and provides support services for students on Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
***Ms. Merritt, the guidance counselor, attends all 504 Plan meetings and works with students who are having academic difficulties.
***Both counselors are available to all students who may be having social, emotional, and/or familial concerns.