2014-2015 District Improvement Plan
- Continue working towards completion of the documentation of K-12 Curriculum.
- Implement a system based on the principles of the “Using Data” course to guide instructional improvement.
- Employ instructional strategies that leverage the new technological resources available in the District.
- Define and publish a framework for best practice instruction for the HWRSD.
- Integrate results from District Determined Measures of Student Learning into the “Using Data” system and into the Teacher Evaluation System.
Human Resources Management
Teacher Evaluation System
- Develop and implement a focused set of evaluation indicators for professional staff.
- Develop guidelines for the use of student feedback in the evaluation system.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the curriculum leadership model and recommend necessary changes.
- Create developmentally appropriate schedules at the Middle and High Schools to support student learning.
- Develop a Facilities Maintenance Department for the HWRSD to ensure our facilities support student learning.