KHA Public Solicitations in the Schools
PUBLIC SOLICITATIONS IN THE SCHOOLS
The School Committee will place limits on commercial activities and fund-raising activities in the schools for the following reasons:
- The school district should provide students, parents/guardians, and employees some measure of protection from exploitation by commercial and charitable fund-raising organizations.
- The school district should not give the public the impression of generally endorsing or sanctioning commercial and fund-raising activities.
- Commercial and fund-raising activities may disrupt school routine and cause loss of instructional time.
Following these guiding statements, the Superintendent and Principals may permit occasional commercial or fund-raising activities related to the objectives of the schools with the following exceptions:
- No direct solicitation of students or employees may take place without School Committee permission.
- No general or class distribution of commercial or fund-raising literature may take place without School Committee permission.
For the purposes of this policy, local PTA and PTO groups and groups representing school district employees will be considered "school groups" and will be governed by the Committee's policy on staff solicitations.
- GBEBC Staff Gifts and Solicitations
- JJE Student Fund-Raising Activities
- KHB Advertising in the Schools