JBB Educational Equity
The School Committee’s goal is to strive to address the needs of every student in each of our schools, subject to budgetary, space and other limitations.
Educational equity for the purpose of this policy is defined as providing all students, as reasonably practical, the high quality instruction and support they need to reach and exceed a common standard.
To achieve educational equity the district will commit to:
- Systematically, when appropriate, use districtwide and individual school level data, disaggregated by race/ethnicity, gender/gender identity, national origin, language, special education, socioeconomic status and mobility to inform district decision making.
- Raise the achievement of all students.
- Graduate all students ready to succeed in a diverse local, national and global community.
In order to reach the goal of educational equity for each and every student, the District shall:
- Provide every student with access to high quality curriculum, support, and other educational resources.
- Seek to promote educational equity as a priority in professional development and educator evaluation.
- Endeavor to create schools with a welcoming and inclusive culture and environment.
- Provide multiple pathways to success in order to meet the needs of the diverse student body and actively encourage, support and expect high academic achievement for each student.
The Superintendent shall include equity practices in the district’s strategic plan and goal strategies to implement this policy. The Superintendent, upon request, will periodically report to the Committee the progress of the implementation of this policy.