IJNDB Empowered Digital Use Policy
EMPOWERED DIGITAL USE POLICY
The School Committee recognizes the need for students to be prepared to contribute to and excel in a connected, global community. To that end, the district provides ongoing student instruction that develops digital citizenship skill sets for using technology as a tool. Information and communication technology are an integrated part of our curriculum across subjects and grades in developmentally appropriate ways and are aligned with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and standards, including seeking knowledge and understanding; thinking critically and solving problems; listening, communicating, and interacting effectively; and engaging and competing in a global environment.
The Superintendent or designee shall implement, monitor, and evaluate the district’s system/network for instructional and administrative purposes.
All users shall acknowledge that they understand that using digital devices, whether personal or school owned, and the school district network is a privilege and when using them in accordance with School District guidelines they will retain that privilege.
The Superintendent or designee shall develop and implement administrative guidelines, regulations, procedures, and user agreements, consistent with law and policy, which shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Digital devices, software, and networks shall be used in school for educational purposes and activities.
- An individual’s personal information (including home/mobile phone numbers, mailing addresses, and passwords) and that of others shall be kept private.
- Individuals will show respect for themselves and others when using technology including social media and video/audio conferencing.
- Users shall give acknowledgement to others for their ideas and work
- Users shall report inappropriate use of technology immediately
These procedures shall be reviewed by district administration on a regular basis.