GCIA Philosophy of Staff Development
PHILOSOPHY OF STAFF DEVELOPMENT
All staff members will be encouraged in and provided with suitable opportunities for the development of increased competencies beyond those they may attain through the performance of their assigned duties and assistance from supervisors.
Opportunities for professional growth may be provided through such means as the following:
- Planned in-service programs and workshops offered within the school district from time to time; these may include participation by outside consultants.
- Common planning time to allow for collaboration on instruction, curriculum, assessment and student needs.
- Membership on curriculum development committees drawing personnel from within and without the school district.
- Released time for visits to other classrooms and schools and for attendance at conferences, workshops, and other professional meetings.
- Leaves of absence for graduate study, research, and travel.
- Partial payment of tuition for approved courses.
The Superintendent will have authority to approve or deny released time for conferences and visitations and reimbursements for expenses, provided such activities are within budget allocations for the purpose.