GBEB Staff Conduct
All staff members have a responsibility to familiarize themselves with and abide by the laws and regulations of the State as these affect their work, the policies of the School Committee, and the procedures designed to implement them.
In the area of personal conduct, the Committee expects that teachers and others will conduct themselves in a manner that not only reflects credit to the school district but also sets forth a model worthy of emulation by students.
All staff members will be expected to carry out their assigned responsibilities with conscientious concern.
Essential to the success of ongoing school operations and the instructional program are the following specific responsibilities, which will be required of all personnel:
- Faithfulness and promptness in attendance at work.
- Support and enforcement of policies of the Committee and their implementing procedures and school rules in regard to students.
- Diligence in submitting required reports promptly at the times specified.
- Care and protection of school property.
- Concern for and attention to their own and the school district's legal responsibility for the safety and welfare of students, including the need to ensure that students are under supervision at all times.