EEAE School Bus Safety Program
SCHOOL BUS SAFETY PROGRAM
The safety and welfare of student riders will be the first consideration in all matters pertaining to transportation. Safety precautions will include the following:
- Children will be instructed as to the proper procedure for boarding and exiting from a school bus and in proper and safe conduct while aboard.
- Emergency evacuation drills will be conducted at least twice a year to acquaint student riders with procedures in emergency situations.
- All vehicles used to transport children will be inspected periodically for conformance with state and federal safety requirements.
- Classroom instruction on school bus safety will be provided.
- School bus safety instructions for students and parents will be provided each year in all student handbooks.
- M.G.L. 90:7b as amended by Ch. 246 Acts of 1986
- M.G.L. 90:1 et seq.
- M.G.L. 713:2
- M.G.L. 713:7L
- Highway Safety Program Standard No. 17