DBC Budget Deadlines and Schedules
BUDGET DEADLINES AND SCHEDULES
Preparation of the annual budget will be scheduled in stages throughout the school year with attention to certain deadlines established by law and the Regional Agreement.
The School Committee recognizes the following deadlines:
- At least thirty (30) days prior to adoption of its final budget, the School Committee shall approve, by majority vote, a tentative operating budget. Copies shall be mailed to the Chairs of the Finance and Advisory Committees and the Select Boards for the two towns. District Agreement s.10, 1st par.
- No later than fifteen (15) days after the tentative operating budget is mailed to the towns the School Committee shall hold a public hearing, subsequent to appropriate notice.
- No later than forty-five (45) days prior to the first annual town meeting of a member town, the School Committee shall adopt, by a two-thirds vote, the annual operating budget for the District. The date of adoption shall not be before February 1st or later than March 31st.
- Within thirty (30) days of the adoption of the annual operating budget, but not later than April 30th, the District Treasurer shall certify to each town’s Treasurer the amount apportioned to each town.
All other budget schedules and calendars shall be developed in cooperation with the Superintendent and the School Committee.
- M.G.L. 71:16 (m)
- M.G.L. 71:16B
- M.G.L. 71:38N
- 603 CMR 41.05 (1)(a)
- Regional Agreement Ref: Section X, Page 15