DA Fiscal Management Goals
FISCAL MANAGEMENT GOALS
As the trustee of local, state, and federal funds allocated for use in public education, the Committee will use these funds wisely in pursuit of the district’s goals.
The quantity and quality of the district’s educational programs are dependent on the effective, efficient management of allocated funds. Achievement of the district's purposes can best be achieved through excellent fiscal management.
It is imperative that the educational program be held of paramount importance. Decisions made due to resource limitations must center on the educational goals of the district.
This prioritization will be incorporated into all aspects of district management and Committee decision making.
Regarding the district's fiscal management, it is the Committee´s intent:
- To allocate public funding, centering equity while achieving the greatest educational returns andthe greatest contributions to the educational program in relation to dollars expended.
- To engage in thorough advance planning, with staff and community involvement, in order todevelop budgets
- To advocate for levels of funding that will provide high quality education for all students.
- To support the use of the best techniques for budget development and management.
- To provide timely and appropriate information to the community.
- To maximize the efficiency of procedures for accounting, reporting, business, purchasing anddelivery, payroll, payment of vendors and contractors, and all other areas of fiscal management.