CHCA-E Approval of Handbooks and Directives
APPROVAL OF HANDBOOKS AND DIRECTIVES
Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary all student handbooks shall contain the following provisions:
- Any student who is found on school premises or at school-sponsored or school related events, including athletic games, in possession of a dangerous weapon or a controlled substance, may be subject to expulsion from school by the Principal.
- Any student who assaults any employee of the School District may be subject to expulsion from school by the Principal.
- Any student who is charged with a violation of either (1) or (2) above shall be notified in writing of their opportunity for a hearing, provided, however that the student may have representation, along with the opportunity to present evidence and witnesses at said hearing before the Principal. After said hearing the Principal may decide to suspend rather than expel a student.
- Any student who has been expelled shall have the right to appeal to the Superintendent.
- When a student is expelled under the provisions listed above and applies for admission to another school for acceptance, the Superintendent of the sending school shall notify the Superintendent of the receiving school of the reasons for the pupil's expulsion.