BDFA-E-2 Submission and Approval of the School Improvement Plan
SUBMISSION AND APPROVAL OF THE SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN
The written school improvement plan shall be submitted by the Principal to the Superintendent for approval and the School Committee for review no later than July 1 of the year in which the plan is to be implemented.
Because the implementation of the plan is dependent on Superintendent approval, it is important that the school council be aware of certain expectations regarding the school improvement plan. The school improvement plan should:
- Focus on improvement of student learning.
- Specify expected student outcomes and measurable/observable results.
- Align with the mission of the School District and any goals and policies of the School District.
- Be consistent with state and federal law, School District policy, established curriculum and negotiated agreements.
- Clearly identify actions to be taken on how changes will be implemented.
- Include a plan on how to solicit community support for the changes being developed.
- Indicate anticipated costs and available funding sources.
- Delineate the method of evaluating and reporting progress and results.
If the school improvement plan is not approved by the Superintendent, it shall be returned to the Principal with specific comments as to the reason(s). The Principal shall revise the plan in cooperation with the school council, and resubmit it for approval.