Skip To Main Content

HW Elementary School Project

The School Committee Voted the Preferred Design Option C3.4 on 6/6/24

Photo of School sites
image of the project board

Cutler School

Cutler School Arial Photo

Cutler Elementary School is a 45,800 sf. masonry building constructed in 1951 with modular classroom additions in 1952 and 1956. In 1992, the Whittier Wing was added which houses kindergarten classrooms and a gymnasium. The school serves approximately 300 students in grades K-5. The majority of the facility and the majority of entrances and egresses are not accessible to
non ambulatory occupants. More information is linked HERE.

Winthrop School

Arial view of Winthrop School

Winthrop Elementary School is a one-story school that was originally constructed in 1958-1959 with a classroom wing addition that was built in 1965-66. The 1965 classroom wing addition has the same exterior building materials and design of the original building, but for what appear to be budgetary reasons, took a different approach to several elements: the interior design of the corridor walls is different (although the same design of cubbies was used), the ventilation system is different, there are no skylights, and it was built with separate boiler room. There was a library/media center addition in the back of the school in 1989. More information is linked HERE.

"We sit on the precipice of some wonderful upgrades and improvements for our school system that ultimately upgrade and update our communities. The success of these projects will need all of us to come together to decide if we are, or are not ready and willing to fund these projects on behalf of our children."
- Eric Tracy, Superintendent