Cutler/Winthrop School Building Project
In March, 2022 we were officially invited by the Massachusetts School Building Administration (MSBA) into the 270 day eligibility period for the Cutler School Building Project. As you may know, the Statement of Interest submitted last year by the district was to examine the possibility of combining the Cutler and Winthrop Schools into one.
This is not a guarantee of a project, only the first step of many to come. The eligibility period is 270 days and is an opportunity for the district and the MSBA to:
- Determine if the district is ready to manage and fund a major capital project
- Determine the district’s financial readiness
- Determine the community readiness
- Provide a schedule of events throughout the 270 days
- Identify needs for planning and budgeting
Please know that a building project like this has an extensive overall timeline. It could be up to 4-5 years before a shovel is put into the ground. I am excited about the project and I am confident that this project will be a way for our communities to come together positively for the benefit of our students and educators. If you would like to learn more you can check out the MSBA website.